Jordan Stanley Payne opens up this Multi Family Mafia podcast by saying “Don’t be a lone wolf.” If you are a lone wolf, 10 out of 10 times you will lose out to someone who is trying to scale their business. If you’re ready to start scaling your real estate business, listen in to his quick advice about how to stop doing the minimum wage tasks and instead start acting like a business owner.
This video is more focused on those who have already done a deal or at least knows how to do a deal and is the process of making it happen.
The entire analogy of a lone wolf doesn’t make sense. Wolves do not travel alone. The reason wolves are so intimidating is because they travel in packs. So here’s what Jordan wants to understand – why are you trying to run your company or business by yourself?
Tell me if this sounds familiar:
- You do all the marketing yourself, even if you’re clicking on list sources.
- You’re handwriting letters yourself and putting them into envelopes all by yourself.
- You are the only one receiving seller or buyer phone calls. The calls go directly to your phone.
- You are sending out all the contracts by yourself. You have to look up contact information, legal descriptions, contract terms, etc., all alone.
- You are the only one doing the negotiating.
- You walk the property alone. You take photos and videos all alone.
- You do all the paperwork and follow up by yourself.
- Anything tax related is done yourself, including billables and receivables.
If this sounds like you, you have to understand that you are setting yourself up for failure when it comes to scaling your real estate business. You might talented and you might know exactly what the hell you’re doing, but you are just ONE person. You can’t do it all, and you shouldn’t!
You can scale, grow, and leverage much much quicker when you have people on your team doing the time-consuming tasks on your own.
Keep listening for ways you can start scaling your real estate business by NOT doing everything yourself.